Sunday, December 19, 2010

Wet ‘n Wild Collection

There has been a lot of hype over the new and improved quality of WnW products and being that I’ve some how *really not sure how it happened* collected A LOT of their from the Color Icon line I thought I’d do a comprehensive post! You can always find WnW on sale at a drugstore somewhere often BOGO or BOG1 50% off which is why I’m pretty sure I have so much of it now…thanks CVS, Walgreens and Rite Aid! Be sure to check out my other posts that included WnW (to see my August Favorites post which included WnW click here and to see my WnW Holiday post click here). I hope you enjoy this post and run out and give these inexpensive products a shot.  

LIPS:

MEGA LAST® LIP COLOR is described by WnW as:  

Lips take center stage! This 4-hour, longwearing lip color leaves a semi-matte, crème finish in one stroke. Glides on easily with rich, velvety color that doesn't cake, feather, or bleed. Made with hydrating skin-care ingredients: Hyaluronic Microspheres provide extraordinary adhesion to lips, an exclusive polymer complex offers cushion-like feel and texture, and natural marine plant extracts Coenzyme Q10 and Vitamins A & E help smooth lips.

I absolutely ADORE *in my sing song voice* these lipsticks and plan on buying a few more of them. I can vouch for (pictured below L-R) 907C Mauve Outta Here, 919B Vamp It Up, 903C Just Peachy, 916D Ravin’ Raisin, 918D Cherry Bomb and 902C Bare It All-my favorite nude right now. My only gripe about this product is the packaging…frankly is SUCKS, despite the the quality of the product the packaging is extremely cheap. Price $2.99!

  WnW Lipsticks

MEGA SLICKS™ LIP GLOSS is described by WnW as:

Super-shiny gloss adds luster and color to lips, while Vitamins A & E moisturize and condition.

I don’t use these much, but when I like them for the most part. Stay away from these if you don’t like frost-its not too bad, but it does show. I will say they have a nice smooth feel and do not have that sticky/tacky texture like some MAC glosses. Try these out (pictured below L-R) 563B Sun Glaze, 566 Strawberry Ice, 570A Berry Burst, 578 Sinless, 564A Cherish and 567A Sheerly Cocoa. Price $1.99!

WnW Lipgloss

CHEEKS:

COLOR ICON™ BLUSHER is described by WnW as:

Sweep on this silky-smooth blush that strikes the perfect balance between a blendable transparent sheen and a radiant pop of maximum color. A special blend of treated nylon powders provides long-lasting color. Dermatologist-tested.

I LOVE the 2 blushes that I have so far and plan on getting the other 2 in this collection! They are really buildable which means they are great for day and night looks. I’ve tried the two picture (L-R)832E Heather Silk and 833E Mellow Wine. Price $2.99!

WnW Blushes

COLOR ICON™ BRONZER is described by WnW as:

Add a golden glow and a touch of luminosity to any complexion for a healthy, sun-kissed look. Special blend of treated nylon powders provide long-lasting, blendable color. Dermatologist-tested.

I only have (741A Princess) because I thought it looked the best for my golden skin tone. I was actually impressed because I was able to use this for a slight contour of my cheekbones and forehead. Price $2.99!

WnW Bronzer

EYES:

MEGA EYES® CRÈME EYELINER is described by WnW as:

The precision of a liquid liner with the ease of a cream application, this velvet-rich eyeliner provides long-lasting definition in a waterproof formula. Easy-to-use brush included.

This stuff is amazing despite the horrible brush included with it. Its very creamy, super black and very matte!!!! This has been compared to MAC’s Fluidline in Blacktrack which is around $16…so this definitely gets my vote in the money saver column! I like them so much I have 2 on stand by just in case I can’t find them in the store for some odd reason. Price $3.99!

WnW Liner

COLOR ICON™ EYESHADOW SINGLE is described by WnW as:

High-pigmentation and pearl-density create a unique, satiny texture that lasts and lasts. A versatile collection of classic and trend shades can be easily worn alone or playfully combined for a variety of looks.

I have 256BP which is a dupe of MAC’s Humid - green *which I also have* and 255B Penny which is pretty close to MAC’s Expensive Pink – Coppery Pink *again, I already have it*. These colors are very pigmented and soft…they glide on like BUTTA! Price 1.99!

WnW Single Shadow

COLOR ICON™ EYESHADOW PALETTE is described by WnW as:

Glamour-eyes from day to night! Each complementary shade can be mixed-and-matched for a variety of day-to-night looks. These palettes of 3 matte and 3 highly-pigmented effect shades are sure to please the shade sassy minimalist and enthusiast alike!

I really like these palettes especially for the convenience and versatility they offer. I will admit a couple of the colors are a little chalky or very sheer to the point of not being buildable. I love that all of the palettes have 3 matte shades and 3 shimmer shades which is great for those of us that like to mix textures. Overall, the quality of the palettes are impressive and really stand up to some higher end brands. I have all 4 in the permanent line - 246 Greed, 247 Pride, 249 Vanity and 248 Lust (picture L-R ). Price $4.99! 

WnW Palettes

COLOR ICON™ EYESHADOW PALETTE LIMITED EDITION – does not have burb on the website.

These limited edition sets were released with holiday themes and offer the same great quality as the permanent collection. All 6 shadows have a shimmer, frost or glitter. These have the same great quality as the permanent line and also include a few dupes of high end brands! They also come with a bonus eyeliner pencil which the permanent line does offer. Picture below L-R Golden Goddess, Snow Sprite, Night Elf and Sugar Plum Fairy. Price $4.99!

WnW LE Palettes

Overall, the new Wet ‘n Wild products are awesome and the price point is unbeatable…I really hope they don’t get wind and raise prices like everyone else! I hope this review has helped you you save a few $$$ building your collections! 

Love and hugs,

LadybugB

No comments:

Post a Comment